Monday, December 25, 2006

New to SharingOurDays -- My Year of Healing (Breast Cancer)

You'll like this blog from Mary. She writes very long entries, with lots of detail -- plenty of it emotional, plenty of it medical, and lots of personal insights.

http://mbupdate.blogspot.com/

This is an excerpts from Friday, December 22, 2006:

To B or Not to B
One of the many positive outcomes of this cancer experience has been having so many wonderful people walking beside me along the journey. Of course my friends and family have been with me every step of the way, but I have also met a lot of new friends along the way. Alice, one of Bo's landscaping customers and a breast cancer survivor herself, is one of my new friends. Ever since she heard about my diagnosis from Bo, she has been doing so many things to support both me and our family - from sending cards, books, and gifts, and baking blueberry pies (my favorite), to arranging dinners to be prepared and delivered by the ladies of the Stonehouse neighborhood for the entire month following my surgery. This week, she scheduled an appointment for me to go to Richmond to get fitted for my prosthetic breasts. (Alice had a lumpectomy and didn't a prosthesis; however, she had visited this particular store for wigs while she was undergoing chemo.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breast Cancer husband
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer husband at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer husband

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home