Thursday, November 16, 2006

New to Sharing Our Days -- Sean's Blog, MS Cycling Saga

Hey Y'all!

It is a little insane to start two projects so closely together -- SharingOurDays and this other blog. But that's just how it has worked out. For a while now, I've been moving toward making some sort of grand gesture in the name of better living with MS, seeking to provide some inspiration for folks and maybe raising a little money.

First, I thouight about walking from one end of Missouri, where I live, to the other. That idea began to fall away when one of my knees -- both are bad -- started to hurt. Yes, I'm kind of a wuss. However, not one to just throw in the towel, I decided to try biking instead of walking. So far, that is working out pretty well.

Since I had figured the walk would take somewhere between 14 and 21 days, I decided to stick to that timeframe, which means the trip can be a much greater distance. After a good bit of thought, I decided to completely give in to my tendency toward the grand -- my psychologist mother likes to "joke" that I suffer from delusions of grandeur. So I'm going to New York City. Yep, I'm calling it "Missouri to Manahattan for Multiple Sclerosis."

That's right, a fat guy with MS is going to spend the next several months training for a 1500 mile bicycle ride. Hopefully I'll raise some money, all of which will go to the National MS Society. Hopefully I'll actually make it.

Please join me at http://mscyclingsaga.blogspot.com for daily updates and we'll find out together.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate & Founder, SharingOurDays
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home