Friday, November 17, 2006

New to SharingOurDays -- Parkinson's Straight from the Horse's Mouth

This blog is from Barbara Waters in New Mexico. She can be angry, funny, vulnerable. Always very real. It is definitely worth a read.

This excerpt is from Saturday, September 30, 2006...

Big Brother Is Watching

The hounds of hell are always snapping at your heels when you have PD. Worst of all are the unceasing side-effects, like the bronchitis I've been battling since my birthday on September 26. My gift was escaping pneumonia this time around. Second worst is constantly being harrassed by the Medical System. My two health aides reported my eating out during Hazel's visit as well as my weekly visits to the beauty parlor. Now I'm being dropped from their Medicare services and coverage. Look, folks! The only Wonder Woman ever to be cured of Parkinson's Disease. She tries to walk. She talks. She thinks. She eats. She has clean hair! Step right up and see her in her cage. Just fifty cents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home