Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New to SharingOurDays -- Never Give Up (Lou Gherig's Disease)

Hi Y'all!

Here's the first post in a new category for SharingOurDays -- Lou Gherig's Disease. Powerful stuff and interesting to read. Bill seems to have an approach to life that could benefit all of us.

http://billsims.spaces.live.com/ -- excerpt below

Take care.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate and Founder, SharingOurDays
www.SharingOurDays.com
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net


This excerpt is from January 4:

Random Observations

A few observations and other things I've learned sinceI became ill.
  • People are much kinder than I ever imagined. There have been so many acts of kindness bestowed on me by friends and complete strangers that I can't begin to list them all.
  • Most people talk too much and listen far too little, including me before I lost my voice.
  • It's amazing what you can learn to do with your toes, and your nose, once you lose the use of your hands.
  • Itches, even things that itch terribly, will go away on their own given enough time.
  • I wish I'd bought my Select Comfort Sleep Number bed years ago.
  • Your bowels aren't controlled by motor neurons.
  • Having good disability coverage is much more important than having life insurance.
  • I would rather have my arms and legs cut off than lose the ability to speak, seriously!
  • I'm told that brushing someone else's teeth is incredibly difficult.
  • Wiping someone else's behind is an act of love.
  • Your head is much harder and stronger than you think.
  • Your tongue does a heck of a lot more than just taste food.
  • Not a day goes by that I don't see the hand of God working in my life, I just wasn't paying attention before I got ill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home