Thursday, November 23, 2006

New to SharingOurDays -- My Experience with Hodgkins Lymphoma

Here's a great blog from Jackie about her experience with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This excerpt is from yesterday, in its entirety...


Happy Thanksgiving

Today, Steve brought home an article from a newspaper about cancer survivors and how it affected their outlook on life. This study showed that most survivors feel that cancer changed their life and in most cases for the better. Most survivors feel stronger, have a new appreciation for life, and are driven to help others with the disease. I found it so interesting because that is how my cancer affected me. Amazing how so much good can come from something so terrible! My wish is that people who know my story and read my journal learn what I have learned from having this disease through my experiences.

When I was first diagnosed, my parent's doctor told them that in a year or two I would forget I ever had cancer. That was a silly thing to say! There is not a day that goes by when I do not think about it. I must admit that on rare occasions it makes me sad to remember all that I have been through. But usually it is with happiness that I remember this experience because of the new life it has given me. And I always look back with thanks for the gift of my life and for everyone who helped me through this time.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home